| |
Aldo discussed the accident on Wednesday in Brazil while attending the open workouts for Saturday's event.
"I was riding along on the main road, I was on the right hand side of the road, and there was a lady on my left who wanted to move into the street but I was just about to cross," Aldo described in an interview with MMAFighting.com. "I tried to do the curve with her but I didn't manage and I banged into her car."
"I wanted to fight, I really wanted to do it, but my coach, when he saw me working out he saw that I wasn't 100% so he told me it was best to stop. It really disappointed me because it was a great challenge, I wanted to do this fight, but now that I stop and think about it, it was the correct decision."
Aldo gave an update on his condition, and said he's feeling much better. The Featherweight Champ is hopeful he can return to training in short order, and then get back to action in the cage shortly after that.
"My leg's much better, and I'm just waiting for the doctor to clear me to start working out again, and as soon as he does I'll be ready to start fighting again," Aldo said. "The sooner the better. As soon as the doctor says I'm ok. This is what I was born to do, and I want to be back. I really don't know [what my timetable for return is], they haven't told me; but it's been a year, so I really want to get back in there... I want to fight with Frank Edgar. That's what was decided, so that's what I want to do."
When it comes to the subject of Frankie Edgar, it's a fight Aldo's looking forward to. However, he makes it clear that he plans on remaining Champion in the division, and he's letting Edgar know that if he's coming to featherweight, he's fighting for second place in the division.
"What I said is, he can come down into my division, but he's not going to be a champion in it," Aldo said. "So if he wants to be a champion, he has to go back to his. If he wants to come to my class, if he's ok being second that's ok, because I'm going to continue being champion."
Penick's Analysis: The good news is Aldo is feeling better, and hopefully he'll be able to return to training in the next couple of weeks. If he's able to do that, the bout with Edgar could be back on as a big co-main event at UFC 155 to close out the year, or as a major fight to kick off 2013. That's the fight that still makes the most sense in the featherweight division, and will be a huge matchup once it actually takes place.
Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_14632.shtml
Musse Hasselvall Daiki DJ taiki Hata He Peng David Heath Delson Heleno
No comments:
Post a Comment